Tampa Tax Debt Attorney
Are You Being Audited? Eliminate Tax Debt with Brian Loughrin!
If you are facing an IRS tax audit, you need an experienced and skilled Tampa tax lawyer by your side. Attorney Brian Loughrin has 20+ years of experience with all manner of tax situations and will work one-on-one with you to resolve them. The key to successfully resolving a tax issue is to thoroughly review the specific circumstances you find yourself facing and then working out an action plan to help handle it.
Get started on your case - contact our Tampa tax debt lawyer at (813) 517-8074.
What is the IRS Fresh Start Program?
The IRS Fresh Start Program began in 2011 and is available to individuals and small businesses that are struggling with paying their taxes. This program works with more flexible terms, which allows taxpayers to resolve their tax debt problems more efficiently -- sometimes within 2 years, compared to 4 - 5 years.
Within the IRS Fresh Start Program, the IRS can only collect what the taxpayer can pay -- the financial situation of the taxpayer is evaluated and the taxpayer and the IRS must come to an agreement so that the taxpayer only pays an amount that is reasonable and affordable.
Programs within the IRS Fresh Start Program:
- Installment Agreement - a continual monthly payment plan agreed upon between the taxpayer and IRS until the debt is paid. Interest will be applied.
- Offer in Compromise - an agreement between the taxpayer and IRS where the taxpayer may resolve their tax debt for an amount that is less than what they actually owe. This option is only for those in difficult financial situations -- there are strict requirements to qualify.
- Currently Not Collectable - does not resolve tax debt, but it can provide some relief. It puts a temporary status on your debt that stops collection actions like tax liens, levies, and wage garnishments. When the status ends, the collection efforts will resume.
- Penalty Abatement - wipes out tax debt penalties or reduces a penalty. The IRS will only agree to this if there is a reasonable cause for it.
Do you need help with tax debt problems or have more questions about the tax relief Fresh Start Program? Make an appointment with a seasoned Tampa tax debt attorney at Brian T. Loughrin Tax Attorney -- your initial consultation is free of charge. Speak with attorney Brian T. Loughrin as soon as possible.
Begin a free consultation with our tax debt lawyer at Brian T. Loughrin Tax Attorney by completing a form or calling (813) 517-8074
Why Choose Brian T. Loughrin?
- FREE consultations on any tax matter
- Over two decades of experience in IRS tax law
- Admitted before the United States Tax Court and United States Supreme Court
- Personalized attention and one-on-one service
How Can a Florida Tax Attorney Help Me?
As a tax attorney in Florida, our firm can assist you with issues related to an IRS offer in compromise, liens & levies, payroll (941) taxes, penalties & interest, the innocent spouse rule, wage garnishment, and installment agreements. When facing an IRS audit, our firm will provide effective tax fraud defense, and help resolve any past due returns, red flag tax audits and represent you in tax court if needed.
Just because you may have been notified of an IRS tax audit does not mean you owe any additional taxes. It is our goal to help you determine what is needed from the IRS and provide them with the documentation that will help you avoid additional taxes, penalties or interest.
A Knowledgeable Tax Audit Attorney in Tampa
A tax audit can be a frightening proposition, but with the help of our firm, you can trust that we will do everything in our power to obtain the best possible results for you based on your individual circumstances. With our understanding of tax laws, we can make what may seem a complex situation appear much simpler.
Don't let the IRS intimidate you and definitely don't ignore communications from them. It is important to respond to letters in order to begin to take the right steps to avoid more drastic measures.
Contact a Florida tax lawyer today to get started on resolving your tax situation.
Client ReviewsDon't Take Our Word for It, Hear It From Our Clients
“Brian was able to guide me through a very difficult situation, handle all my problems with the IRS and and answers all questions and concerns.”- FH
“I am VERY satisfied with the job Brian did and would recommend him to ANYONE with IRS problems.”- Gerald McCoy
“We are extremely grateful and so happy that we chose him to represent us. We now consider Brian a good friend.”- Joe and Michele